Monday, February 20

In my Fathers eyes....

I have a picture of my me and my father, that was taken at the Portland Test Gardens in Oregon, when I was about 8 yrs old. It shows him smiling at me as I attempt to take a picture of him with an OLD camera. As he is looking at me, I have noticed that this picture, is what I want my Heavenly Father to do when I see Him. Smile and have that "I am pleased with you my child" on His face.

My dad was not very demonstrative, but I can tell you, he would have never let me go out in something that wasn't appropriate. Thank you Dad! He always had talks with the boys I went out with, trying to check them out, however no one was good enough for his little girl, but he put up with my choices as best as he could. I know for a fact, that both my parents would adore the one God chose for me, in my Marty. I made so many of my own choices then, my clothes, my friends, but really I wanted to make my parents happy, so I guess some I chose out of wanting to be the good daughter, the compliant child. My mom always wanted me to look cute and sweet, so my hair was always done, and my clothes always clean and pressed. This picture in the Rose garden, is interesting to me, in several ways...One, that happens to be the name I chose so many years later, Rose. And, we are both smiling and enjoying the moment. I know my dad loved me; I was his only child. When he passed away in 1999, so much to do and things to go through, but the sorrow I felt was made peaceful when I found his address book, and a little slip of paper fell out....it had my birthday, my kids' birthdays and his moms birthday....and some other important dates to him... Beside my birthday, was "daddys little girl". I still carry that piece of paper with me today. It shows a Fathers love for his child. I hope and pray that when we reunite in Heaven , my other Father, will be equally pleased and more....

No comments:

Post a Comment