Monday, November 19

Live streaming....

Live stream is usually associated with internet podcasts, video being broadcast via the web. However, this live streaming is something altogether different Lately we have had a whole lot of water going on here. Literally what was trickle down streaming just enough to be cool to say "we have a waterfall in our backyard." Just last week, in just overnight, now has become a large LIVE streaming of GALLONS of water at an alarming rate! What was considered "drizzle" a week ago, is now a full fledged water "fall". It could almost be classified as a pool, well its muddy and not that inviting to dive into, unless you are a frog, mud dauber or maybe a pig, It is still magnificent to watch and listen to. The rush and gush of the falls going down into the storm drain. There is a large metal grate over the drain, that goes to the city water supply and inclusive Clatskanie River. But there is still the beauty of fall, with the colorful maple leaves, falling, green,yellow,rust,orange,burgundy,purple falling with each wind gust or each drop of rain making those leaves above the creek, fall into the water. And those that are in the water are pushed down onto the grate making a paper (wet leaf) mache block over the flow of the grate; sometimes making the falls over flow up over the top of the rocks and into the marsh below(thankfully). Going from a depth of less than a foot up to over five feet plus! It's amazing to see Gods handiwork and fierce strength when you witness something so huge. One drop is just a drip, but when in large amounts its plain "mighty"! It has been raining all day here, I'm in hibernation. Fortunately this mother bear went out for food last night when it was just beginning to get ugly. I have seen lately on Facebook, some are doing a 30 day "what am I grateful for " posts. Well, I am grateful for God's grace, for His word to learn by , prayer and time to meditate with and in Him, a hubby that loves me, roof over my head, food to eat , a car to drive, sustenance , friends , family, our pets, warmth, peace in my heart , waking up each day even when that day seems just like the one before it in routine, books, eyes to see ; glasses that help them see better, and even as hard as it is the hearing I have left is nice to hear what I can. Talent given to me by our Creator, to bead and craft and sell some just for fun, and make fun stuff for myself. The pretty car lights outside my window as its raining and their headlights shine and reflect on the pavement , communication - whatever form it takes, phone, letter,text or in person. Lights are lovely especially right now, in the pacific northwest, it is gloomy and dark, so even though we do not celebrate Xmas, seeing the lights of those that do, is beautiful. I even love little lights in trees without celebration. Water is light. Light helps to show where something is missing. Water does the same thing, helps to clean away dirt. So, water is something you cant do without yet it does things most don't think about. It sheds cleansing light on things we normally don't or can't see. It may just be the most wonderful thing ,both inside and out. Besides helping your insides work, cleaning out your inner parts of toxins when you drink it but when drenched in it outside, you can't but help feel some sort of baptism or mikvah experience. In seeing waters rushing and overtaking the ground, swirling in and sweeping all around me, I feel a spiritual cleansing, a rebirth, a sense of God saying" hey kid, wash this off, wipe this, polish that, look at you, what needs changing?",when it is sweeping over and around me. To me, it is an amazing feeling, an awareness of what is happening around me and within me,mind,body, soul. So dive in and drink up! Le'chaim! Cheers!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful...the pictures and your blog!

Shoshana said...

thank you, Dawn. I wasn't sure anyone read my blog. haha. but I do enjoy writing it when I get the itch to do it!

Post a Comment