Tuesday, February 26

Raining cats and dogs

Paws attraction? Or is it " animal magnetism"? I must have it, whatever
it is.

I have 2 dogs. Buster is a parsons Russell terrier, he is 4 years old. Ru, is a border collie/ lab mix and he is 5 years old.  AND a cat, our precious priceless princess, Latte' and she is the eldest at 6 years old. All of our animals are our babies. They are with us all the time and I can't imagine it any other way. Our dogs even go with us just about everywhere.

The other night, Buster got hurt by running up to the top of our waterfall, at night. He fell on some rocks by slipping on the moss on the rocks, thus falling down the slope and scratching and scraping himself. My husband, who was out with them heard a shriek, like Buster was having an altercation with another animal, but thankfully when Buster got down to ground level, he had just slipped. He is very much my "child", I have a tendency to go long and hard into things, at times before thinking what am I getting myself into. "Passionate stupidity" is what I call it. When you get so involved in something,  you feel all systems are "go" and you go careening into "whatever you are doing" without stopping and thinking, before you press the gas pedal. Anyway, he does that a lot, sort of a terrier trait, I guess. I worried about him so much all night. Trying to make him comfortable, checking on him, praying and singing to him. It's amazing the attraction we have to pets and the attention we give them. Because we love them, they ARE family to us.

We also have a part time pet, Elmo( that's what we call him anyway, he seems to answer to it). He is the back neighbors alpaca. Just seems he is lonely, so anytime he hears us out in our backyard, he comes to the fence. He seems to prefer me to hubby, but this morning, while the dogs and hubby were up on the trail by the waterfall, Elmo was there to greet them. And  it was really sweet, as I'm watching my husband , and the dogs return from the trail, on the other side of the fence is Elmo following them!

Ru, is our big boy. Even though the "middle"child, he is so lovable. He loves to herd us, especially if we are in the kitchen cooking! Or if we are sitting down, he'll lay on our feet as if to say, "don't move" I want you to stay right here.

Latte, she is our 18 pound lap cat. Part Siamese and part Bengal, she is as sweet as she is beautiful. She is daddy's little girl for sure. She loves to "nurse" and "make biscuits", on anything that seems to work for her at the time, sleeves, blankets, sheets , shirts, etc. she acts like she is "nursing" and goes into this funny "trance" while she is doing it. And it could be a few minutes or an hour! But unless its an emergency, Latte' can have all the time she needs. Sometimes, all three of the indoor animals will play hide and seek. Mostly Latte' hides and the boys seek. They sleep with us( minus the alpaca) LOL! Usually Buster by my feet, Ru at the foot of the bed on the flor, and Latte', wherever she wants. She is a cat, after all, she rules the house.

I am happy with our little family. Sometimes they are lots of mischief , sometimes messy, or they shed a lot at times, and a lot of work ~ but you know, nothing that soap water or double sided tape won't take care of. I wouldn't trade them for anything.








1 comment:

Jerelene said...

How sweet! Loved this!! Our pets really are part of the family. Mine too!! I enjoyed all the pictures..they sure are cute furbabies! I just recently started writing on my blog again..its therapeutic...LOL. Blessings!!

Post a Comment