Thursday, July 12

Reaching for His tzitzits (tassels)



Now when Jesus had crossed over again by boat to the other side, a great multitude gathered to Him; and He was by the sea. And behold, one of the rulers of the synagogue came, Jairus by name. And when he saw Him, he fell at His feet and begged Him earnestly, saying, “My little daughter lies at the point of death. Come and lay Your hands on her, that she may be healed, and she will live.” So Jesus went with him, and a great multitude followed Him and thronged Him. Now a certain woman had a flow of blood for twelve years, and had suffered many things from many physicians. She had spent all that she had and was no better, but rather grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came behind Him in the crowd and touched His garment. For she said, “If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well.” Immediately the fountain of her blood was dried up, and she felt in her body that she was healed of the affliction." Mark 5 :21-29.




This verse, is talking about the woman, wanting to touch the hem of his garment. Meaning Yeshua's garment, which according to Numbers 15:37-41m would have had a Tzitzit attached to each of the four corners of the garment. By which you are to look on to keep your eyes and mind from "whoring" , or to mean to keep you from going your own ways , in eyes and mind. Thinking about your own things, or doing things against YHVH, they will keep you from doing those things, if you wear them and look upon them all the day.  I know personally, as I don't believe its the threads that are special. But I do feel that I am especially "touched" spiritually when I wear them as I am following His commandment, and doing it, not just reading about it, or hearing it in a Bible study. I also notice that when I don't have them on, I feel less empowered spiritually, and feel the tug of Satan on my life and thoughts. I know some may think I'm crazy, but I know that I am not, I know that it is through YHVH we are met with His spirit, His Ruach, and His righteousness, that He shares with us through the simple commandments of "wearing a tassel on the four corners of your garment, that you may see it and not go your own way.  Oh yeah, and make sure it has a thread of blue in the tassel. (paraphrased). I am not afraid of driving, or doing things that used to scare me, as I know that I am in His will by doing what He asked, so He takes my fear and makes it into trust! how cool is that.? I have never felt so steady and safe...All because of my "tassels" or tzitzits in Hebrew, they are the link to Him, to keep me from going my own way, mentally or physically. Being afraid, or holding a grudge, or thinking bad thoughts, are all something we aren't supposed to be doing as believers, BUT we are human and as one friend, says "we have a pulse" LOL...We are still regular people, but with the strings of the Spirit, or the originall WWJD "bracelet....everyone wore those with out care, but follow the commandments of wearing strings on your clothes, oh my! I think people are too afraid of what others might think or say...We should be less worried about that, and more about what our Father will say to us, if we don't obey His commands..Just a reminder, if you are serious about following HIM, then there are some things we have to do to "pick up our cross and follow Him", this would be one of them...Its amazing to feel them blowing in the wind, at the beach, I felt them hitting my hand when I walked...it was an amazing experience..there is no way you can forget God when He is right there with you, in your hands, while you are in HIS. .


So, you may think that you are "tied to an apron string" or feel like you are all "tied up", but in reality, being tied up in Tassels is freedom, NOT bondage, for sure..

No comments:

Post a Comment